Invisalign is a set of smooth and clear plastic aligners that are used for straightening the teeth of teens as well as adults. Correctly aligned or straight teeth are important to maintain good oral hygiene. If your teeth are misarranged it becomes more difficult to clean them and your chances of developing cavities increase.
Invisalign for adults and teens is one of the most popular choices for gaining a perfect smile without the hassles and discomfort of braces. For the Invisalign treatment, the orthodontist will first determine your orthodontic needs and assess whether or not Invisalign is right for you. The next step involves creating a quick 3D scan of your teeth. Based on these images, the doctor will determine the plan of treatment. You will get customized Invisalign aligners and the treatment will be carried out as determined by your orthodontist with periodic visits and checkup.
8 Advantages of Invisalign for Adults and Teens
- The type of material used in these aligners offers more predictability and controlled movement of teeth
- They are virtually invisible so you can wear them confidently in public
- It is easy to observe the results at every stage of your orthodontic treatment with these aligners
- You don’t have to spend extra time and efforts on cleaning Invisalign since there are no brackets and wires to clean and floss. You can just brush and rinse the aligners with lukewarm water to clean them
- They can be easily removed so that you can enjoy your favorite foods without any type of restrictions
- Since the structure of Invisalign has no sharp brackets, you can continue playing your favorite contact sports without worrying about any injury to your teeth, gums or tongue
- These aligners are absolutely pain free and pose no risk of injury due to brackets and wires which come with braces
- The treatment requires fewer visits to the orthodontist and so it suits even those patients who have the busiest of schedules
Invisalign for Teens
Living with aligners can be a bit challenging especially for teenagers. Invisalign for teens was specifically developed to help teens tackle the common obstacles they faced while using Invisalign. The special features include:
Invisalign for teens come with small blue dots which fade away after 336 hours or 2 weeks of wear. This parameter helps them follow the treatment with more dedication.
For teens that still have baby teeth or their permanent teeth are still growing, Invisalign aligners for teens are perfect. The aligners are designed with spaces which allow the smooth eruption of permanent teeth.
Extra Replacement Aligners
Teens sometimes lose or damage their aligners. Invisalign for teens comes with replacement aligners. This makes it convenient for the teens to continue their treatment without any hindrance caused by damaged or lost aligners.
Whether you are a teen or an adult looking for Invisalign in Fresno, CA, get in touch with us at Thurman Orthodontics today. We are among the top 1% providers of Invisalign which means that you get your Invisalign treatment from one of the most experienced providers in the entire country. Our smile team looks forward to welcoming you into our Thurman Orthodontics family.