Google has made everything easy. Deciding on getting braces? Just type in the google search bar – ‘orthodontist near me’. But is it really that easy?
There may be many orthodontists in your area but finding an orthodontic specialist requires more than just a simple google search. However, there are a few simple ways you can be sure that you’re getting the best treatment. Follow the steps below before you begin to find an orthodontist.
Ask your trusted friends, family, colleagues or dental specialists to give you recommendations. This way, you can narrow down your options with some reliable advice. However, ensure that you don’t go by the reviews and expect the same results when you’re going for teeth straightening. Your friend’s treatment may have been quicker, but it may not be the case with you since treatment period varies in different orthodontic cases.
In addition to the recommendation by friends or family, it is extremely important that the orthodontist you’re considering is reviewed favorably by most of its patients. Online reviews, in such cases, are the most honest and reliable. Hence, do your research before making an appointment.
Schedule a Consultation
In most cases, the website gives you a good idea about the practices of an orthodontist. However, to be sure, you can schedule an initial consultation, which is usually free, to meet the orthodontist and the staff in person. Here are a few questions that you must ask them:
- What are your practice hours?
- Do you accommodate appointments around school or work schedules?
- What’s my orthodontic treatment cost?
- Can the treatment cost be covered by my medical insurance?
- Is there a post-treatment plan, such as teeth retainer, that I will have to follow?
- Do you have before or after the orthodontic treatment photos of the patients?
Consider Treatment and Technology Options
There are 5 types of braces for teeth. So, ask all the important questions to ensure that you get the best treatment within an optimized cost. Here are a few things you must know before you leave the orthodontic center:
- The approximate duration of the treatment. The duration of the treatment with metal and ceramic braces is lower than with Invisalign braces.
- A clear distinction between metal braces, clear braces and ceramic braces.
- The braces cost. The Invisalign cost is higher than other treatment options.
- Whether or not the technology used up-to-date.
Conduct an Evaluation
Orthodontic treatments, in most cases, take 2 years to complete. So, before you begin the treatment, ask yourself these questions:
- Is the orthodontic treatment cost within my budget?
- Is the staff helpful and cooperative?
- Was the orthodontist prioritizing my dental situation or just rushing through my visit during the first consultation?
- Was the orthodontic center modern, clean and well-lit?
Finding the right orthodontist plays the biggest role in how your treatment transforms your smile. And, just with some calculated research, you can begin the treatment with a sense of security.
If you’re looking for a Fresno orthodontist, visit https://www.thurmanortho.com/ or give us call on 559-439-0425 to book a FREE consultation.
Dr. Brian Thurman has spent his entire life enjoying all the beauty that California has to offer. A Fresno native, he still escapes to the ocean or the mountains whenever his busy schedule allows. Driven by his love for natural beauty, Dr. Thurman enjoys creating beautiful smiles and healthy bites that last a lifetime. He is proud to be the only Ivy League trained Orthodontist in the Fresno/Clovis area.