Do you often hesitate to smile confidently because of your misaligned teeth? Did you know that misaligned and crooked teeth can also lead to several oral health problems?
Braces and aligners are one of the most common and effective types of orthodontic treatments used to treat misaligned and crooked teeth.
You need braces if you want to:
- Straighten crooked teeth
- Close gaps between teeth
- Correct bite problems
- Enhance your smile
- Align the tips of your teeth
- Improve oral functions (eating, speaking, etc.)
- Prevent dental trauma, stress or wear
- Maintain good tooth and gum health
Today, you can choose from multiple types of braces or aligners which meet your orthodontic as well as cosmetic requirements. If you’re looking for braces in Fresno, Thurman Orthodontics. provides these types of braces:
Fixed, metal or traditional braces are the most standard way to shift teeth into their ideal location. Their earlier versions felt more intrusive because of the size. Thanks to technology, these types of braces have become smaller and less noticeable. Also, the kind of wires used in such braces now, move teeth faster with negligible pain.
These braces are far less noticeable as compared to the traditional metal braces. The brackets of these braces are made from a ceramic material which is of the same color and texture as the patient’s teeth. They work in the same way as the metal braces do.
These aligners are the most advanced options for teeth straightening. They are customized for each patient as per the plan of treatment created by the orthodontist. Invisalign aligners are practically invisible, have no metal components and hence are very comfortable to use and also offer you the convenience of removing them while eating and brushing.
If you too are looking for orthodontic braces in Fresno, CA schedule an appointment with us at Thurman Orthodontics today. We would love to discuss the treatment options with you in your free consultation and welcome you into our family of healthy smiles!
Braces straighten and correct your misaligned teeth and help you lead a better quality of life. Here’s how:
- You have a straighter, healthy smile to flaunt
- Braces correct your overbite or underbite problems
- Braces improve your crooked teeth-related speech problems
- Braces can prevent TMJ pain as they improve your jaw movement
- You can clean your teeth properly once your teeth are straightened through braces
- Improves your oral health and your overall quality of life
The best time to get braces for kids is between ages 10 and 14. During this time the child’s mouth and head are in the growth phase and the teeth are still erupting. However, braces are effective in older teenagers and adults. In fact, adults tend to be the best candidates for aesthetic choices like ceramic braces, clear aligners and Invisalign so treatment can be discreet.
Some of the most important things you should know before you get braces are as follows:
- You can have braces at any age
- An orthodontist is better trained for braces than a normal dentist
- It may take 24 months on average to complete the orthodontic treatment.
- The dental braces cost varies depending upon where you are getting the orthodontic treatment done, your age and the type of braces.
- You may experience a bit of discomfort that may last for a few days after you wear braces.
- You may have an allergy to some of the substances used in braces. Always let your orthodontic know about your allergies and sensitivities to certain substances.
When you first get the braces on and after a few adjustments, your teeth may get a bit sensitive and your mouth can get sore. This mild discomfort can be easily taken care of with over-the-counter pain relievers.
Your orthodontic treatment can last for 8 months up to 2 years, 24 months on average.
- Choose the right toothbrush that can clean in between and around the brackets. There are specifically designed brushes meant for teeth with braces.
- Flossing is crucial. So, do it at least once a day. Flossing helps prevent plaque buildup and gets rid of particles between your teeth.
- Use mouthwash to rinse your mouth. Rinsing reduces gum and cheek inflammation.
- If you are wearing a removable type of braces, make sure you remove them to clean. You can soak the appliance into a denture-cleaning solution at least 3 times a week. This helps prevent plaque or bacteria build-up.
Avoid these foods:
- Chewy foods and candies like gummy candy and pizza crust.
- Sticky candy like gum and caramel
- Hard candy like lemon drops
- Crunchy, hard foods like popcorn and chips
- Foods that require biting into like apples, carrots and chicken wings
The braces cost depends on many factors such as the severity of the problem, its length and complexity of treatment. You can get in touch with Thurman Orthodontics, Fresno, CA and discuss the cost of treatment and your financing options.
The orthodontist holds appointments at regular intervals, usually four to eight weeks apart, so that braces can be adjusted, and the progress can be checked. These appointments can last between 20 and 40 minutes depending on the situation.
You are just one call away from a perfect, beautiful and healthy smile!
So give us a call or request a complimentary consultation online.
We look forward to meeting you!
Let's setup a time to hangout!