It takes time to get used to braces. The initial discomfort happens when the wires start to pinch against the soft tissues of your mouth. But there is a perfect braces care product available in the market for this concern.
Braces wax can provide you relief from pain and soreness. Braces wax is also known as dental wax and orthodontic wax.
What is Braces Wax?
Braces wax or Orthodontic Wax is specially designed to relieve pain caused by rubbing of the braces appliances. It is applied to create a barrier between the braces wires and your mouth. Thus the contact break of the braces to your mouth prevents further injury. This barrier also provides extra time for your sores to heal.
Why Braces Wax?
If you are getting used to your braces, you will love this product. Dental wax makes the braces comfortable and adaptable for you during the initial stage of the treatment. Once you apply braces wax, it covers the braces’ piercing corners and binds any loose pieces. Your braces get separated from your teeth via the layer formed by the orthodontic wax. It can be used as a temporary treatment for mouth sores until you get to your Orthodontist.
Its application is simple, and it is easy to remove, as well. That makes dental wax ideal braces care product for both kids and adults. And to top it all, Dental wax comes in a very affordable range.
What is the Correct Way to Apply Braces Wax?
- Clean your hands and brush your teeth properly. This will prevent any bacterial infection.
- Dry your braces before the application of braces wax. Use a tissue if required.
- Locate the painful areas in your inner cheeks and lips where braces wires are poking.
- Take little amount of wax and make a roll of it. Do this for at least 5 seconds to warm the wax. The roll or ball similar to popcorn kernel is generally enough. Avoid using a large quantity of wax.
- Place the little ball of wax on the painful area. Rub it lightly. Place the wax on troubling bracket or wires to form a barrier.
- Give dental wax some time to heal your wounds. And enjoy a painless braces experience.
What are the Precautions While Using Braces Wax?
You can’t keep dental wax in your mouth for a long time. It should be replaced with a new one twice a day. Replace it immediately if it is coming off. If you keep the orthodontic wax for more than a day, you run the risk of bacteria and cavities in your mouth. The reason being food particles get stuck on the surface of the wax. In would be best to apply it on well-brushed teeth after having your meal.
Braces wax is a temporary solution, which prevents further damage. It would be best if you visit your Orthodontist at the earliest for a permanent cure.
Contact Thurman Orthodontics for consultation regarding early braces care and specially manufactured dental wax. It is our mission to provide you with your perfect smile with the least pain.
Dr. Brian Thurman has spent his entire life enjoying all the beauty that California has to offer. A Fresno native, he still escapes to the ocean or the mountains whenever his busy schedule allows. Driven by his love for natural beauty, Dr. Thurman enjoys creating beautiful smiles and healthy bites that last a lifetime. He is proud to be the only Ivy League trained Orthodontist in the Fresno/Clovis area.